Creating Stunning Smiles Without Surgery
From job interviews to weddings to high school reunions, no matter the event, everyone wants their smile to look its best. If stains or cracks are keeping you hiding at home like a hermit, you’ll be happy to know there is a way to fix this problem and put you back out there, enjoying time with family and friends. At Elite Smile Dentistry of Carmel, our team of dentists can hide the imperfections and transform your smile with the help of porcelain veneers in Carmel. These thin coverings will give your teeth their very own natural-looking “mask,” all while giving you the confidence and appearance you desire. If you’re ready to embrace a new look with veneers, contact our office to schedule a consultation.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
These ultra-thin porcelain coverings fit snugly over the front of your natural tooth, hiding imperfections and impurities you want to forget. From A-list celebrities to your average working professional, porcelain veneers are considered one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry solutions available. Your cosmetic dentist in Carmel can take an unsightly smile and transform it into something beautiful in just two appointments.
What Do Porcelain Veneers Fix?
One of the great aspects of porcelain veneers is that they cover a wide variety of imperfections, including:
- Gaps between teeth
- Minor misalignment
- Teeth that appear short or long (the result of receding gum line)
While there are other forms of cosmetic and even reconstructive dentistry services that can address these issues, for patients who are looking for a quick fix, porcelain veneers are a suitable, effective, and safe solution.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
If you want porcelain veneers, there are a few things you’ll need to possess:
- Enough tooth enamel: It is necessary for our dentists to remove a small portion of your tooth enamel in order for the veneer to lay flat and for it to properly adhere to your natural tooth. If you don’t have enough tooth enamel to start with, this will make it difficult, if not impossible, to place veneers.
- Good oral health: We understand the reason you’re getting veneers is that you want to hide imperfections that may or may not be a result of poor oral hygiene. But, if these are minor issues, you can still receive veneers. However, if you need gum disease therapy, have tooth decay or missing teeth, it’ll be necessary for you to address these issues first.
- No teeth grinding: Grinding your teeth can cause the veneers to chip or crack. Some dentists may opt for another solution, but if you are able to receive veneers, you’ll need to wear a nightguard to bed to prevent damage to your porcelain veneers.
How Long Will They Last?
With proper care and maintenance, you can expect your porcelain veneers to last 15 years or more! Talk about a great investment in your smile. Some ways to keep your veneers healthier, longer, including:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day for two minutes
- Flossing at least once a day
- Rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash
- Avoiding stain-causing foods
- Avoiding hard foods and objects to chew on (i.e. pens, pencils)
- Visiting your cosmetic dentist in Carmel every six months for a checkup and cleaning
- Wearing a nightguard if you have bruxism
- Wearing a mouthguard if you participate in sports or outdoor recreational activities